Thursday, June 24, 2010

Why I Removed the Cartoon Clips - Warner Brothers Complaint

Hey y'all who have enjoyed (or just been interested in) the cartoon episodes I had set up here on YouTube. Yesterday, July 6, I began receiving copyright infringement notices with regards to the uploaded cartoons (specifically, Warner Brothers and their Frankenstein Jr. show). In order to maintain my YouTube account, I have now removed all of the copyrighted (yet not licensed on DVD) material. For all those of you who enjoyed the series I uploaded (the above-mentioned Frankenstein Jr., Filmation's Ghostbusters, Thundarr the Barbarian, and Street Sharks), I offer these three suggestions for obtaining the unavailable shows you like: - Voice your interest for official releases of the shows you love, either by expressing them directly to the copyright holders or indirectly through sites like TVShowsonDVD.com - Look for torrents that contain the episodes/series you are looking for. - Check auction sites, such as eBay, for fan-compiled releases. Be aware that these are often unofficial releases and may not contain all of the episodes/material. You may also want to check some purchase sites in Great Britain, which tend to receive cartoon-on-DVD releases prior to the United States (keep the DVD region encoding in mind). It was a good run while it lasted and I enjoyed sharing them with you. - Nick
Read More... [Source: YouTube Videos tagged with waner brothers cartoon]

No comments:

Post a Comment